Work Package 1
Development of drug delivery systems
Principal Investigator: Thomas Andresen, Department of Micro- and Nanotechnology, Technical University of Denmark
We are focused on developing innovative new solutions for transporting macromolecules into the brain and studying their distribution. Particularly we are focused on:
- Research in nanocarrier systems for targeting the blood brain barrier
- Research in nanocarrier systems that are sensitive to the microenvironment inside the brain endothelial cells or brain interstitium, obtaining target specific drug release
- Development of new regiospecific conjugation chemistries for antibodies
- Synthesis of new drug delivery carrier materials
- Synthesis of new reporter molecules for investigating biodistribution and transport of macromolecules and nanocarriers in brain
- Novel gene delivery systems for obtaining gene silencing or expression in brain endothelium
- Understanding the role of protein adsorption to nanocarriers in relation to their biodistribution and pharmacokinetics
- Characterization of nanocarrier systems in biological systems by electron microscopy
- Investigating the role of glycocalyx in nanocarrier transport by electron microscopy
- Optimization of pathological models for testing nanocarrier systems, including brain cancer.
|Thomas L. Andresen||Professoremail@example.com|
|Casper Hempel||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kasper Bendix Johnsen||PostDocemail@example.com|
|Sara Björk Sigurdardóttir||PhD firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Martin Bak||PhD email@example.com|
|Serhii Kostrikov||PhD firstname.lastname@example.org|
Welcome to WP6
Sep 27, 2018
RIBBDD has the pleasure of welcoming professor Kristian Strømgaard and his group...
Sep 26, 2018
The RIBBDD network just received the wonderful news that...
9th RIBBDD biannual meeting
Jul 03, 2018
On May 17-18th, participants from the RIBBDD network met for the 9th biannual RIBBDD meeting...
New professor in the RIBBDD initiative
May 02, 2018
Birger Brodin has been appointed professor...
PhD defense: Sofie Hørlyck
Dec 11, 2017
Sofie Hørlyck will defend her PhD thesis...