Work Package 1
Development of drug delivery systems
Principal Investigator: Thomas Andresen, Department of Micro- and Nanotechnology, Technical University of Denmark
We are focused on developing innovative new solutions for transporting macromolecules into the brain and studying their distribution. Particularly we are focused on:
- Research in nanocarrier systems for targeting the blood brain barrier
- Research in nanocarrier systems that are sensitive to the microenvironment inside the brain endothelial cells or brain interstitium, obtaining target specific drug release
- Development of new regiospecific conjugation chemistries for antibodies
- Synthesis of new drug delivery carrier materials
- Synthesis of new reporter molecules for investigating biodistribution and transport of macromolecules and nanocarriers in brain
- Novel gene delivery systems for obtaining gene silencing or expression in brain endothelium
- Understanding the role of protein adsorption to nanocarriers in relation to their biodistribution and pharmacokinetics
- Characterization of nanocarrier systems in biological systems by electron microscopy
- Investigating the role of glycocalyx in nanocarrier transport by electron microscopy
- Optimization of pathological models for testing nanocarrier systems, including brain cancer.
|Thomas L. Andresen||Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Casper Hempel||Assistant email@example.com|
|Kasper Bendix Johnsen||PostDocfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Sara Björk Sigurdardóttir||PhD email@example.com|
|Serhii Kostrikov||PhD firstname.lastname@example.org|
PhD defence: Sarah Christine Christensen
May 06, 2020
Sarah Christine Christensen will defend her PhD thesis...
PhD defence: Nikolay Kutuzov
Jan 07, 2020
Nikolay Kutuzov will defend his PhD thesis...
Søren Grubb wins the “Best Presentation Award”
Nov 28, 2019
Søren Grubb, Assistant Professor from Martin Lauritzen Lab, received the “Best Presentation Award”...
RIBBDD BIANNUAL MEETING, NOVEMBER 2019
Nov 21, 2019
November 19-20, 45 members from the RIBBDD network met at The Mærsk Tower in Copengahen...
PhD defence: Charlotte Goldeman Andersen
Jul 02, 2019
Charlotte Goldeman Andersen will defend her PhD theisis...
There are no upcoming events at this time.